Creating and Implementing Standard Work: 35-92% Improved cycle time
Good development and implementation of standardized work by itself can quickly produce very significant positive change and benefits! In just 4 days, 3 teams, focused on 3 information processes, created process maps, standard work (standard operating procedures, SOPs), creating many templates and innovative job aids, and roll out plans. Training and implementation are 95% complete. Congratulations to the teams and for achieving more than believed possible.
Approach / Methods: 3 Teams – Procurement Process, Expenditure Review Processes, and Recruitment Processes
- Gather team members and process stakeholders
- Confirm process improvement goal and measures
- Identify and prepare process owners
- Create the current-state process map
- Evaluate process & data for improvement opportunities
- Develop & test improvements including new process map, job aids, standard operating procedures (SOP), training plans.
- Validate the new process & solutions
- Prepare for implementation (1. standard process; 2. training; 3. measures & tracking performance; 4. process to address feedback, resolve new problems, and continually improve; 5. process audit, communication, coaching)
Expected Results: The table shows expected results following training, implementation, and on-going process ownership.