A High Performing Organization (HPO) relies most importantly on unlocking the capacity of its PEOPLE. Without them, a high-performing organization does not exist — your people make the difference! The right people, in the right setting, and with the right knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) are the keystone to a culture of high performing continual improvement.
This is the goal of Continual Impact’s University – to transfer improvement knowledge and the ability to apply it throughout the organization so that results are achieved greater than historical norms and more than what is believed possible…
- Everyone, with a core set of skills, solving problems every day, everywhere
- Innovating and solving big problems with advanced methods knowledge led by in-house improvement champions, project leaders and process owners
- Leaders driving focus; leading, coaching, and role modeling critical behaviors
The University role-based offerings (in administration and operations) represent a body of knowledge covering the core skills (“must-haves”) needed and the most widely used and practical problem solving methods used in a culture of continual improvement (Training). Always included are skills in enabling team performance (such as effective communication and change management), coaching performance and mentoring others. Each one of the offerings includes the what/why/how of the method, examples of applications, and numerous templates to facilitate its use.
And help to accelerate organization improvement by:
- Individual contributors solving local daily problems
- Continual Improvement* (CI) practitioners and Project Leaders leading teams through work process improvements using foundational and advanced problem-solving methods in targeted areas and helping build the culture of improvement
- Supervisors coaching performance and embedding the work process improvement locally
- Leaders guiding the annual plan and identifying targeted areas, supporting the environment and personally exhibiting the behaviors needed for creating a culture of high performing continual improvement.
*All things continual improvement including Lean, Six Sigma, Quality, Employee Engagement, Operational Excellence, or just making things better across the organization for customers, business, team members and communities
Our approach to knowledge transfer of these core skills and methods is what some of our customers call “sticky”, meaning it enables you to practically apply the training successfully as individuals and in teams over and over again to lead transformational changes. Our approach and content enable the individual, team, and organization to accomplish a greater number of improvements, take on more challenging problems, make better use of the methods, and achieve results greater than historical norms and more than what is believed possible….
The approach (“TACC”) includes:
- Training: In training, we use the adult education principles of Tell you about a topic, Show an application, participate in application or “Do” it, and receive feedback or Recycle knowledge (tell/show/do/recycle feedback).
- Application: The next step in knowledge transfer is applying it in the real world where change management and unique situations exist. For example, after the conclusion of Kaizen training, we co-lead a Kaizen event with you to help successfully and practically apply training knowledge, create confidence for future applications, AND get the return on your training investment.
- Coaching: After the initial application, ongoing mentoring with the individual is provided as you apply the methods yourself (1-1 or as a CI community member). This enables you to address new situations with confidence and continue to grow skills.
- Certification: Certification confirms the learning and is a commitment to professionalism.
- Enables individuals to benchmark against a body of knowledge and the ability to successfully apply it
- Represents a special transformation of the individual and their capacity to impact people and the organization’s results
- Helps assure the organization that the individual is capable.
As a progression of learning, we certify and acknowledge the individual’s ability to a standard of performance that includes use of the method, achieving results and motivating the team and people impacted. Role-based certification involves a comprehensive continual improvement body of knowledge focused on learning and applying methodologies, engaging people, managing change, and creating immediate and long-lasting benefits.
CI University offerings can be arranged in multiple fashions:
- A complete curriculum for organizations (provided in-house),
- Participating with other organizations in an “open course” format (for smaller organizations or to address specific or unique needs),
- Supplementing your organization’s existing curriculum to address gaps,
- Individual courses for professional development needs